Sunday, April 17, 2011

Elemental Pilsner - Lightning Brewery, Poway, CA

Elemental Pilsner - Lightning Brewery: This is a premium example of the classic German Pilsner. Clean, crisp and refreshing, the Elemental Pilsner is pleasantly full-bodied. Generous use of German noble hops provides this beer with a complex hop presence with a dry and slightly bitter finish. A bright white, lacey head tops off this award-winning session beer. – Description from Website

There is definitely a generous use of hops in this beer, because it is quite hoppy. If you like IPA’s you’d probably like this brew. I’m not into the whole IPA thing, so this didn’t do much for me. When I drink a Pilsner, I don’t want to think I’m drinking an IPA. So, it really depends on your taste.

While drinking it, I found myself not reaching for the glass. So it took me a while to finish. Basically, I really wanted to like it, being that it's local, but I didn’t care for it.




No comments:

Post a Comment